Coming in Fall 2022 and Spring 2023: Every Day with April & Mae
A new beginning reader series by Megan Dowd Lambert, illustrated by Briana Dengoue and Gisela Bohórquez
April and Mae are not the same.
But April and Mae are friends.
And their pets are best friends, too.
The first four books in the series will publish on October 18, 2022. Pre-order here!
Join me for the series launch event at The Eric Carle Museum of Picture Book Art on Sunday October 23, 2022 at 2:00 p.m.
Series titles include:
- April & Mae and the Tea Party: The Sunday Book
- April & Mae and the Book Club Cake: The Monday Book
- April & Mae and the Soccer Match: The Tuesday Book
- April & Mae and the Talent Show: The Wednesday Book
- April & Mae and the Animal Shelter: The Thursday Book
- April & Mae and the Sleepover: The Friday Book (with illustrations by Gisela Bohórquez in the style of Briana Dengoue)
- April & Mae and the Scary Movie: The Saturday Book (with illustrations by Gisela Bohórquez in the style of Briana Dengoue)
Many thanks to my friends at Diverse BookFinder for this wonderful cover reveal post featuring art by series illustrator Briana Dengoue. They conclude the post with suggestions for book discussion prompts, writing:
Though of course it’s fine for children to just read and enjoy these or any books (and as early readers, these are more likely to be read independently), a conversation about the stories can help illuminate the power of its Cross Group friendship. Librarians, educators, and parents might ask questions such as:
How are April and Mae different? How are they the same?
What do they like to do together?
How do they complement and support each other?
What’s one of the most fun things they do together?
If April and Mae were your friends, what would you like to do with them?
Here’s the series announcement from the Publisher’s Weekly Rights Report, February 1, 2021: