Publishing on February 11, 2020
A Kid of Their Own
A companion book to A Crow of His Own
- Coming on February 11, 2020 from Charlesbridge Publishing, illustrated by Jessica Lanan.
- 1580898793 (ISBN13: 9781580898799)
- Preorder from Independent Booksellers, or at Amazon.
- The entry on GoodReads is here!
Now that Clyde the rooster has mastered his crow, everyone at Sunrise Farm asks him to take it down a notch when newcomers Fran the goat and her kid, Rowdy, join the gang. How will Clyde adjust to having a new kid around?
A Kid of Their Own Book Launch and Author Tour! Release date: February 11, 2020
I am delighted to announce my scheduled appearances marking the release of A Kid of Their Own! Reach out to me via my Contact page if you would like to host a storytime and book-signing in your store, or at a library or school.
- Saturday February 8, 2020 at 11:00 a.m. I will lead a storytime and book-signing at the Northshire Bookstore, 4869 Main Street, Manchester, Ctr., VT
- Sunday February 16 time TBA, I will lead a storytime and book-signing at the The Odyssey Bookshop, 9 College Street, South Hadley, MA
- Friday February 21, 2020 at 10:30 a.m. I will lead a storytime and book-signing at The Eric Carle Museum of Picture Book Art.
- Sunday February 29, 2020 (time TBA) I will lead a storytime and book-signing at Belmont Books, 79 Leonard St., Belmont, MA 02478
- Stay tuned for more events!
Read the cover reveal post at Mombian.com: A Kid of Their Own Offers “Twice the Dads and Twice the Dad Jokes”
“I’m very excited to be bringing you the official, full-cover reveal of A Kid of Their Own, by Megan Dowd Lambert, her second picture book about a group of barnyard friends and the two farmers—a gay couple—who care for them. Lambert also shares with Mombian readers a little about her motivations, the importance of language when talking about adoptive families, and why her fictional world includes both anthropomorphic animals and humans….”